Summer is here and the Spotlightr team is ready. June brings several major improvements and enhancements to how you use Spotlightr, including the addition of a WordPress plugin as well as a few other feature enhancements which we describe below. Here are some of the new additions we believe you will benefit from the most.
- Pay Per View Lock
- WordPress Plugin
- SEO Settings
- Amazon SMTP & S3 Support
- Fallback emed code
- Email Validation for Optin Locks
- New “flat-modern” player skin
- Added watched less than % filter in audience segments
- Allowed for easier use of already uploaded image assets
- Improved Subtitles Management
- Enabled Autoplay feature on mobile devices (muted)
- Improved Google+ in Share Lock
- Accepting more URLs as valid
- Added support for multiple email autoresponders via HTML form integration
- Pre and post roll videos improvement
- Mass upload issues resolved
- Wistia migration enabled
- Numerous additional articles in the documentation
- Custom site management improvements
- Performance optimization for video loading speed
- Enhanced time selection mechanism
- License management improvements
- Whitelabel subaccounts management
- Splash screen management
- No animation play button
- Optimized image display and loading performance
- Enhanced lock and overlay style management
- iPhone full screen player
- Amazon, Gmail, etc. SMTP
- Playlist management and playing improvements
- Floating player
- Encoded video IDs
- Optimized API responses for the application analytics
- Cross-browser and cross-device optimization of display features and player controlers.
- Whitelabel accounts
- Feedback Implementation
- Mobile Optimization
Pay Per View Lock
Newly added video lock allows you to charge people for watching your videos. We are excited to present you with an opportunity to directly monetize yours and others videos by creating and integrating a PayPal button inside of your video. To get started using Pay Per View, all you need is a PayPal account.
Taking into consideration that WordPress has by far been the most prevalent platform on which Spotlightr is used we’ve decided to develop a plugin which will ensure better integration and more consistent performance on all different types of installations by avoiding certain theme and plugin conflicts.
In an effort to continually provide more value to Spotlightr , we’ve set some time aside this month to provide a set of tools that will help pages with Spotlightr rank better in search results. Newly introduced feature for SEO settings ensures that pages with Spotlightr now show with video thumbnails on search pages, which will accomplish two things. Firstly, your pages will now show in video search results as well as they will have a more prominent display in regular web search.
Email Validation Service
Understanding that capturing valid leads is of the essence to Spotlightr customers, we’ve integrated a validation service inside of email capture gate. This means that if enabled all emails attempted in the lock will pass a rigorous check to ensure their validity, resulting in false emails not being able to unlock your videos.
Coming in July… Whitelabel Accounts and Mobile Optimization
White label account will allow you to resell Spotlightr under your own brand, and add another product to your product line or sell separately to your clients. We will also continue to optimize our performance on mobile devices.