Big updates for November include a complete rework of how we secure uploaded video content, major enhancements to video insight analytics, and better video management. There are also several minor updates resulting from user feedback and continual optimization efforts.
- Video security update through HLS streaming encryption
- Video insight analytics updates
- Bandwidth upgrade to all existing & future users
- Dashboard groups view
- WordPress Plugn available on WP Repository
- Live streaming scheduled every X hours
- Support for Google Adsense code in videos
- Date range selection for analytics
- Copy to clipboard directive
- New affiliate platform
- Referrer domain report
- Clickable link inside of pre and post roll videos
- Affiliate widget on per video basis support from video settings
- Search views by email
- Removed gap in insights resulting from locks appearing in the video
- Uploading image to popup trigger
- Fixes for custom start / end times
- Billing information accuracy on rebill dates
- Autoplay and autoresume conflicts resolved
- Returning the floating player to original position once finished
- Video optin lock validation enhancements
- Mass upload via CSV file
- Enhanced documentation
- Improved main toolbar menus
- Mass upload improvements
- Watch page URL fixes
- Image on pause enhancements, closing button, fullscreen support
- Optimized .mov conversion process
- Rework of overlays and annotations
- More extensive training
- Personalized content in videos based on social media profiles of your viewers
Video Security over proprietary HLS encryption
A major feature request we’ve had some been to increase the security of videos, specifically from piracy through the use of browser extensions and plugins. Our engineering team has finished implementing a wide array of measures and processes in order to maximize your content security.
We’ve added an option to “Secure My Video” when uploading videos, which you will now see in your account.
Enabling this feature will accomplish secured (encrypted) delivery stream of fragmented parts of your video. This encryption is extremely secure and will render useless the browser extensions and plugins that are designed to rip videos from web pages. Thus far our testing and customer testing has confirmed it’s security.
Thus far no one has been able to successfully download and play one of the cnrypted videos. Various plugins, extensions, softwares which claim they can download anything have failed.
Major rework of video insights
In a continous effort to provide more understanding with simple and actionable insights into how your videos are performing, we’ve continued enhancing the insights section.
Combining viewer information with individual views – Up until now we have been treating the view record separate from the viewer information. The combination of the two was only available on the viewer details card up until now. This enhancements combines the data of both the viewer and their engagement during a single view in one simple to understand view.
Additional enhancements include the ability to hover over individual view heatmaps and watch the parts of the video they watched, just like a replay of their experience.
Referral report – One of the newly added features inside of insights is the referral report which provides a list of sites from which your videos have been viewed.
Ability to change dates in all reports – We have introduced an option which allows you to control the date range for the video views of interest to you. In order to generate a more relevant report for your insight needs you can now simply select the calendar from the toolbar and choose or specify the date range of interest.
Bandwidth upgrade to 200GB / month
Good news for everyone who were on a Spotlightr Enterprise plan with 50GB limit of turbo bandwidth. Today we upgraded all of your plans to 200GB/month – free of charge. Just our way of saying thanks for being a customer.
Taken as a point of feedback from many users. We have added an ability to change the layout of the “My Videos” dashboard from a list view to a group view.
Those of you interested in participating in an affiliate based referral program, you’ll be happy to know we finally rolled out access to all users. You will find out a link in your profile section under the affiliate tab.
We are planning several large scale enhancements in December beginning with a complete rework of overlays and annotations, making it a lot easier for you to create engaging calls and other interactive elements. We are also looking to expand the power of third part integrations making your marketing efforts easier still. If you have any suggestions for improvements, please feel free to leave them in the comments.
Until we start getting more feedback on the personalization feature for leveraging data from social networks inside of the videos, we are putting that on the back-burner.