January is usually a month for a fresh start, where we like to do an analysis of what was done well, what was done not so well, and how we can we make this New Year more successful. No major releases occurred however we did make some improvements and did some fine tuning.
- Public Review Listings
- Aspect ratio controls (square videos)
- Updated bandwidth / prepaid bandwidth display
- Customization of the “Conference ended” content for “Live” Streaming
- Updated referral links to full paths
- Fixed downloading multiple invoices
- Set up performance reporting dashboards
- Floating player fixes
- In-app video recording fixes
- Added ability to turn off simulated viewers
- Added ability to add new credit cards whilst reactivating expired subscriptions
- Improved “My Files” management
- Removed buggy affiliate access (temporarily)
- Enhanced subtitle management
- Further video format support
- Storage capacity improvements
- Expanding the vooAPI() functionality
- More extensive support & training
- Improved UI and labeling of player settings features
- Rework of overlays and annotations
Here are some recent changes and some goals for the upcoming year:
- Extending live support hours to provide higher quality and better coverage for issue resolutions. New business hours will start in February
- Enhancing documentation and training material. We like to simplify things and make them as easy as possible, so we revised our all documentation and training materials and we added some fresh new articles for you to refer to.
- Significant investments in our system’s infrastructure in order to provide better performance.
- Improving major processes and modules inside of the application to provide a better user experience
- Increasing the stability and reliability of our development, testing and deployment cycles
- Implementing outstanding user feedback gathered throughout the year
Custom Aspect Ratio & Orientation
A nice option for displaying videos on your sites has been added this month and it is called “Custom Aspect Ratio & Orientation”. It allows you to embed your videos in several different viewing formats.