Two main focuses in June were around releasing much anticipated Performance Optimizations and improving mobile handling of Spotlightr’s functionality and appearance. We’ve made significant strides in both and are excited to share more details with you below.
- BETA Performance Optimizations
- Mobile Playback, Functionality Enhancements
- Improved Groups List View Management
- My Files, Download of HLS encrypted files
- Mass Import Grouping Fixes
- Copy Setting Fixes
- Improved Integrations Management
- Improved Add Card Method Response Handling
- BETA Performance Optimizations Display & Performance Additions
- Custom HTML template improvements
- Changed Default Skin To Modern
- Improved Chapter Markers Handling
- Trending Videos Display & Data Handling
- Delete Confirmation Popups
- Improved Understanding of Share Settings image
- Fixed Safari pop-up fullscreen issue
- Cancellation process enhancements
- Notification Menu Improvements
- Global Search UI Improvements
- Fixed multiple pop-up with same id issue
- Fixed float issues
- Infrastructure Stability Investments
- Team account management
Beta: Performance Optimizations
The main goal of every video player is to load and to start serving source content as fast as possible. We’ve spent past several months on optimizing almost every part of the loading processes in order to achieve best results possible and are excited to let you know that you can start testing the new loading method.
In case you misted the announcement and are curious about the technical details, you can read the full announcement.
Mobile playback and appearance optimizations
We have dedicated and continue to dedicate the majority of our resources to reworking and retesting everything regarding how Spotlightr behaves on mobile devices, from playback to going full-screen to rotating phone, to display of controls etc.
Throughout the month of June we have released several major enhancements which will significantly impact display of Spotlightr videos and their functionalities on mobile devices, mainly iOS handling fixes.